Glam Beauty Board: Fall Into Great Beauty
OMG it’s that time again!!! I can’t believe fall is around the corner already. Here in the northeast I’m welcoming the brisk mornings and evenings, pumpkin spice coffee, and the windows wide open. As with every great season comes another great Beauty Board panel with Glam.com and my fellow beauty bloggers. I couldn’t think of a better way to resurrect BtL and get back into the groove with you. So let’s get started!!!
- Modella cosmetic bag Such a great little bag for the inside of your purse. The modern print is fun and the bold pink will help you find it in the depths of your bags in a snap. The material (inside and out) is durable and washable.
- Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo & Conditioner Every great hair style starts with a great wash. As you know now I have gone ombre which means my ends have been bleached and are so dry. I seriously have noticed a big difference with using this Dove Nourishing Oil Care set. I typically steer away from nourishing products as they leave my hair feeling to greasy. This set utilizes almond and mineral oils which are absorbed so quickly that it never comes off as greasy. I took a close up picture of the conditioner so you can see that it comes out striped with an oil treatment.
- LaFace PUR Purifying Cleanser Now that the weather is changing I tend to switch over to a more non-drying, more balanced facial cleaner. That’s where this LaFace PUR comes in. It’s hypoallergenic, paraben-free, and combines the need for a cleanser and toner all in one. I just love products when they serve multiple purposes. PUR also smells like a fresh grapefruit, so I found it very energizing in the morning.
- Juara Invigorating Coffee Scrub This scrub was just addicting! It smelled like fresh brewed coffee grounds with a hint of walnut. Juara’s scrub has more to it than the smell of course, it has an amazing gentle quality that would be “invigorating” to every skin type. This scrub also features sulfate-free cleansing agents so no other body wash is needed. Multipurpose!
- Eucerin Daily Protection Moisturizing Body Lotion Keeping the skin’s moisture locked in in the long colder months is big, especially after using a scrub. Eucerin is known to have lotions that heal the driest of dry skin. The added bonus with this daily lotion is that it also contains SPF15 to help protect your skin.
- Ojon Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfecter I’m already a huge fan of Ojon (you can see a previous review here) so I was ecstatic to try out this new product. Super Sleek did wonders taming frizz and smoothing my newly blonde tresses. It even helped nourish my ends so they didn’t end up even more dry from the blow drying process. I also used this as a finisher when doing my hair curly to combat the humidity here.
- Dr. Lewinn for Kinerase Wrinkle Repair Day & Night Cream This moisturizer features the antioxidant kinetin that penetrates deep into the skin to promote healthy skin cells. I’m only 31 and I have been using anti-aging creams for quite some time. Prevention is always key and the sooner you start the better.
- Orly Nail Lacquer in Smolder I had one of those Owww Ahhhh moments using this polish. The rich jewel-tone is just beautiful for starters, perfect to transition into the fall and winter. But check out that handle, it actually has a rubber like coating on it that made it easier to direct. The formula’s smell is not overwhelming and didn’t last long at all. And the best thing of all…it only needed ONE COAT! Can I get an Amen!
- Almay Wake-Up Liquid Makeup Now that I’m getting a little older I’ve been experimenting more and more with liquid foundation. As our skin ages I feel that a liquid foundation is able to hide more and doesn’t look so drying. Almay’s newer wake up line uses a dash of caffeine to help boost with their hydrating formulas. I found the formula to be really easy to blend and just melted to my skin. I loved the more lightweight sheer coverage that still contained SPF20 to protect my skin.
- Almay Wake-Up Eyeshadow + Primer This was not my first go with Almay eye shadows. Their eye shadows are PROOF that beauty really doesn’t have to cost a fortune! I had such a great experience with this little palette that I’m going to invest in more of them. The palette does have a little slide out makeup look sheet but in the picture below I went with my own take with the colors. The shadow did NOT fall all over when I applied it and seriously lasted all day!
- Almay Wake-Up Eyeliner + Highlighter This hot duo should be in every ladies gym bag, purse, and desk. It’s just so convenient to have not only at home but on the go. I did use the highlighter like a cream eye shadow to help build my look below. The black liner with smooth and had microscopic specks of gold in it to brighten my tired eyes.
**Almay if you read this I would love to work with you more!!!** hahaha
- Lorac Tantalizer Highlighter & Matte Bronzer Duo There is definitely something to be said about a good bronzer and Lorac has definitely perfected them. Often times bronzers are loaded with to much shimmer and that’s what I love about this duo…they’re completely separate! You can go build on them as much as you want.
- Benefit Bella Bamba I can not believe that I have never tried this blush before. I’ve seen it in multiple magazines and have heard multiple makeup counter girls talking about it. Now I know why! This blush is described as a “3D brightening face powder” on the packaging which is best explanation for it. A bit of pink, a touch of coral, and a dusting of gold shimmer that made sure no matter which angle I looked it created a youthful glow.
- Mark. Make It Rich lip crayon in Hey Honey Mark is another great example of affordable beauty. Their lip crayons have a soft texture with rich color. I dabbed this shade lightly for a more sheer look, but keep swiping away and you can have a matte bold lip that would look fantastic with a cat eye.
Look out for the step by step on my makeup look featuring some of these products!!!