Cheap Trick: Smoky Seduction
Stumbled across this great application technique just recently and now I’m addicted. Easy way to transform any look to a more dramatic one AND make it last with just $3.00. This is my everyday smokey eye look!
- e.l.f. Studio Duo Eyeliner/Eyeshadow (I’m using 2 different ones, pearl/glow & smoke/black, they’re only $3!)
- Silver eye shadow
- Blue-gray eye shadow
- Black eyeliner (can use the one with the duo)
- Black mascara
- Pink blush
- Nude lipstick
- Apply the pearl side of the one duo all over your lid from lash to just over the crease. Using your finger, soften the line to just above the crease.
- Apply a fat line with the smoke side of the other duo above your lashes. I use a foam eye shadow applicator (the ones that come in most eye shadows that I toss aside for later) to smudge this carefully out to a more exaggerated winged line. This will create a more intense look closer to your lashes.
- Take the blue-gray shadow and pat the shadow on top of the cream shadows. Start from the outside of the lid closer to the lashes (so the bulk of the shadow goes in the spot you want it the darkest) and work it up just over the crease and into the inner corner.
- Lightly sweep the silver shadow into the inner corner for some added drama.
- Line upper lashes with black eyeliner following under the winged line from before.
- Coat upper and bottom lashes with black mascara.
- Dust pink blush on the apples of your cheek and apply nude lipstick as you walk out the door.