With warmer temps hitting us this past week here in the northeast I found myself wanting to strip my normal routine and get back to something more simple. I always want to take summer on with this free, no frills approach with airy dresses and a natural sun-kissed glow.
- Bare Escentuals Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF15 – The best change I make for summer is switching to a light weight foundation. I love this BE one because it helps to absorb oils to create a more natural matte finish (without going so over the top matte that you look fake). Like their original mineral foundation this one has a built in SPF to protect from the sun’s rays.
- Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face Brush – I still have brushes from years ago when BE first came out! The Flawless Face brush features a very densely filled, tapered design perfect for all powders. It’s shorter stature makes it perfect to go from your vanity to your beach bag to your purse. I can honestly say this is the only face brush you’ll probably ever really need.
- Bare Escentuals Well-Rested Face and Eye Brightener – Not to be confused with a normal concealer, this brightener worked wonders on my tired eyes. After I was done applying all my makeup I dotted a tiny amount in the very inside corners of my eyes and around the top bow of my lips. For an evening lift I applied right above and blended down the apples of my cheeks. It instantly made me feel more radiant.
- Bioelements Oil Control Mattifier - Attending an outdoor wedding? Vacation at the beach? When you need a little extra help in not appearing too shiny or oily this product helps you get back to your radiant self. Wear under your makeup or blot on during the day, it also gives your makeup a little staying power.
- Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Face Polish – Because we tend to do more outdoor activities in the summer means our skin is exposed to more of the pollutants that leave it dull. Adding a gentle exfoliator a few times a week will rid the skin of dead cell build-up and make for an amazing starting point for the rest of your routine.
- Kusmi BB Detox Tea – This was my first time trying Kusmi teas and it was sooooo good. It’s a loose tea blend of green tea, maté, and grapefruit to help promote a beautiful complexion while ridding the body of toxins. The smell of this tea was enough to draw me in, and although the grapefruit packs a powerful punch in the scent department it’s surprisingly subtle in the taste of it. I made mine easily in a french press.
- Schick Hydro Silk Razor – To prep for my faux golden glow I always shave the day before I intend to use any self tanner. The Hydro Silk utilizes a water-activated moisturizing serum that left my legs incredibly soft. It even came with a clever cover for traveling!
- St. Tropez Self Tan Dark Bronzing Spray – I’m a huge promoter of self-tanners and this one has become a new favorite. I have a pretty fair complexion and didn’t let the word “dark” deter me because St. Tropez has cutting edge melanin technology that evens out and tailors itself to my skin tone. It sprayed on streak free, patch free, and nasty self-tanner smell free.