Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder
…or so they say. I’m so sorry for my extended leave of absence as of late. I’ve been pretty busy in my personal life with friends, car things, my 9 to 5 job, and all the wedding makeup I do. And as much as I’d love to say that being busy is great, which it is when it brings in money, it just means I would have to use my time wisely and something would have to go to the back burner. I’m hoping that this week I can get back into that blogging groove and start sharing with you again.
In the last several weeks…
- I’ve taken up running! This was part of my boyfriend’s idea for us to become a healthier couple. I absolutely dreaded that first day and I thoroughly hated his guts after, but I must say as the weeks have gone by I’ve really begun to enjoy it. I love throwing on some upbeat music and zoning out as I go. It’s quite relaxing really.
- I’ve finally joined the iPhone phenomenon (I’ve been a faithful android user haha). Not that huge of a deal but I’m out for app recommendations, so what’s your favorite???
- I’m super excited for the release of Emily Giffin’s new book “Where We Belong”. I stumbled upon her first book years ago “Something Borrowed” and have fell in love with her writing. Her latest book came out on July 24th and I finished it within two days! I also was very fortunate to have met her at a book signing, and of course had to ask her, “What’s one beauty product you can’t live without right now???”. She looked at me a little surprised in my non-writing non-book question then proudly fished out her Giorgio Armani lip gloss from her purse and said recently she hasn’t left anywhere without it.
- Went on a vacation to Los Angeles! I feel like the luckiest girl alive to be able to visit California not only once but twice in the same year. I can not get over how beautiful the state is and how gorgeous the weather is. I’m already crossing my fingers and saving pennies that we can go again next year.
- Oh and my hair has gone ombre haha. After months and months of talking about it I finally bit the bullet this summer and went blonde.
Below are pictures via my Instagram, which you can see more of @behindthelashes.